Kwantlen Polytechnic University, KPU offers a range of graduate, post-graduate, certificate, and diploma courses. Many of them are new and unique so that the students can be equipped with all the skills needed for the employment markets.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing Management degree is also one of the most popular courses offered by KPU. Students under this course learn applied marketing skills, and business management, as they both go hand in hand and are complementary to each other. By learning both these skills, students become well prepared to enter the fast-paced business environment in a global economy.
Apart from the core foundations of business and marketing, emerging media and marketing analytics are also the two essential areas that are covered as a part of this course.
Credential: Bachelor’s Degree
Duration: 4 years
The curriculum is such that it uses both quantitative and qualitative tools. The best part is that the content of the course is designed in such a way that it is mostly industry-driven. If you wish to work for leadership positions in business and marketing, then this course is the best for you.
Some of the subjects covered in the course are:
Business Foundation Courses
- Business Law
- Operations Management
- Introductory Financial Accounting
- Business Analysis and Decision Making
- Managerial Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications Management
- Marketing Analytics and Information Management
- Business Development
- Marketing in Digital World
Unique Features About this course
Some unique features of this program are:
- Students get to take part in a capstone project for a real client organization or a company, where they can apply their academic knowledge and get the hands-on practice that is beneficial for their future job or career.
- Applied projects and assignments also constitute a major part of the curriculum which leads to academic enrichment.
- Transfer of credits from recognized post-secondary programs.
- Students can complete the program at their own pace. This feature is preferred by all the students as they manage to complete the course at their convenience.
- Students are trained as professionals, so it becomes easy for them to enter the job market after completing this course.
What is expected from the students?
Students who wish to enroll in this course are expected to have good English Language communication skills. Good analytical, critical thinking and basic computer skills are an asset. Students must also be able to work in a team environment. If you think you possess all these skills and are passionate about data, then this course is the one for you.
What will students learn?
- Social media applications as they are in trend for social media marketing
- Knowledge of all the marketing platforms
- Use of industry-related web tools to make sound marketing-related decisions and to form strategies
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- How to implement marketing plans that achieve organizational goals
- Professional and persuasive communications skills
- How to develop media objectives, strategies, and tactics to reach key target markets across all media and communication options and platforms
- An understanding of how an organization runs
- Skills related to all the functional areas of an organization like accounting, human resources, operations, production, marketing, sales, and many more
- Be able to work in teams and contribute
- Skills required for business management
What are the Admission Requirements?
The requirements for the international students to get enrolled in this course are as follows:
TOEFL iBT 88 or higher, with a minimum score of 20 in each section
Academic IELTS (overall band 6.5 or higher) with a minimum score of 6.0 in every band
Click here, for more detail on the English Language Proficiency Requirement.
Tuition and Fees
At KPU, the base tuition fee for international students is about $6161.49CAD for one semester. However, if other additional fees are included then the estimated total is $6701.28CAD.
Click here to apply for this course.
Co-operative Education Option
Co-operative Education allows a student to apply their practical knowledge at work in between semesters. Work semesters alternate with academic study so that the students can enjoy the best of both worlds, education, and work. For instance, if you study for one semester then the next semester could be a Co-op and then again followed by study. Work terms are usually full-time in separate 4-month work semesters.
Requirements to participate in the Co-op option
- Declaration of Co-op specialization in the Program
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- A maximum of 75 credits should be completed
What are the Career Opportunities after completing this course?
After completing this course, students will get a variety of career options to choose from such as:
- Sales, Marketing, and Advertising Managers
- Managers of Retail Trade
- Business Development Officers
- Marketing Researchers
- Business and Marketing Consultants
- Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
- Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications
- Retail Trade Supervisors
- Marketing Communications
Marketing has a wide scope and the jobs in this field are going to rise. If you are business-minded and want to work in the field of business and marketing, then this course is perfect for you.
Click here, to learn more about this course.