Vancouver Community College has been providing top courses for domestic and international students. It has two campuses, one being on Broadway, and the other in Downtown Vancouver. Its expert and supportive staff and student-friendly environment make it an international student’s preferred choice.
Accounting Diploma at VCC
Students gain expertise in business and individual financial management for introductory careers in accounting, auditing, and tax preparation.
In this course, students will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively
- Record financial transactions for sole proprietorships, partnerships, public and private enterprises
- Prepare and present financial statements and reports for sole proprietorships
- Apply fundamental management accounting and financial management concepts which could help in decision-making in an organization
- Understanding of accounting software to perform accounting, payroll, and tax remittance
- Prepare income tax returns and provide basic tax planning
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques to assist the management
- Apply principles of corporate social responsibility
Duration: 2-5 years*
Course Credential: Diploma
Couse delivery: Class-based
Please note that the hours of the course are full-time.
About the course
This Diploma makes the students ready to enter the fast-paced world of accounting.
The course is divided into four terms, two in the first year followed by two in the second year. All the terms will have 15 Credits each making the total Credit count 60.
Some of the subjects covered in the course are:
- Business Mathematics
- Business Communication
- Computer Applications for Management
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Economics
- Intermediate Accounting
- Accounting Software Applications
- Canadian Income Tax
- Business Data Analytics
- Canadian Business Law
- Business Sustainability and Ethics
Click here, to learn more about the subjects covered in the course.
What to expect?
Accounting classes will be given by accounting lab activities using the latest industry-standard software so that the students get more practice and understand the latest trends in the field of accounting. Also, so that the students can get job ready by the end of the course.
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, lectures, case studies, discussions, presentations, and individual and teamwork. Courses are designed in such a way that they would improve student engagement.
What are the Admission Requirements?
The requirements to get yourself enrolled in this course are as follows:
SPECIFIC TO THE PROGRAM
- English Language proficiency by showing TOEFL and IELTS scores.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 80 (students must have scored a minimum of 20 in each section reading, listening, writing, and speaking)
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5. (Must have scored a minimum of 6.0 in every band)
Click here, to learn more about the VCC English Entrance Requirements for international students.
What is expected from the students?
There are no requirements as such, however, the skills mentioned below would be an asset:
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- An interest in the field of business, commerce and accounting
- Computer literacy
- A strong sense of ethics, integrity, and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in teams
Tuition and Fees
At VCC, the base tuition fee for international students is about $12,852CAD. However, that’s not where the payment ends. There will be other expenses such as medical and dental insurance, campus fees, etc. So, overall, the total will look closer to $14,866 (CAD).
After completing this course, students can work as accountants. Entry-level jobs help the students in gaining experience. Other designations include:
- Financial Controller
- Internal Control Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Planning/Budget Coordinator
- Credit (Risk) Analyst
- Payroll Administrator
If business and accounting is your passion, then this is the best course for you.
Source: Vancouver Community College Study Accounting Diploma at Vancouver Community College