LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of applied arts programs that help domestic and international students build their careers globally. There are programs ranging from hospitality, graphic designing, visual and game programming, interior designing, animation, culinary arts, and many more. The classroom sizes are also small, giving the students much more room to interact freely in the classroom with their peers and faculty. The College also has close links with the industries both inside and outside of Canada.
The credentials of the programs offered by LaSalle College include bachelor’s Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates.
The College imparts excellent knowledge and skills to enrich its students in achieving their career goals in a professional yet friendly environment.
LaSalle College Vancouver is coming up with a new campus near its site. This new education center will be used for active learning and social engagement of the students and the faculties, opening in the Fall of 2023.
In this Program, the students are introduced to fundamental culinary skills and techniques used in basic cookery. The course’s main objective is to familiarize the students with the latest hospitality trends. Other objectives include making the students understand:
- Purchasing, budgeting, planning, and cost control related to the food and beverage business.
- Front-end management areas such as dining room procedures, management by menu, and human resources management
- Learn the fundamentals of marketing, financial management, and kitchen management skills critical to operating a business in the hospitality and culinary industries.
This program consists of 60 credits over four quarters.
Credential awarded: Diploma
Who should apply for this course?
Students directly out of high school who:
- Enjoy dining out
- Eager to learn restaurant management
- Want to learn people skills
- Ready to serve customers
- Enjoy customer service
What are some of the subjects covered in the course?
- Concepts and Theories of Culinary Techniques
- Sanitation and Safety
- Management by Menu
- Purchasing and Product Identification
- Planning and Controlling Costs
- World Cuisine
- Management, Supervision & Career Development
- Food and Beverage Management
- Marketing for the Hospitality Industry
- Catering and Banquet Operations
- Hospitality and Human Resources Management
- Financial Management for the Hospitality Industry
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- IELTS/ International English Language Testing System (Academic) score should be a minimum of 5.5 overall
- TOEFL/ Test of English as a Foreign Language iBT: minimum 75
- Duolingo score should be between 85-90
Click here for more details on admission requirements.
What will the students learn?
- Marketing, financial, and kitchen management
- Food and beverage management
- Hospitality and human resources management, leadership, and organizational development
- Explore practices impacting contemporary issues affecting the global hospitality industry
- Differentiate between the roles within the hospitality industry
- Sales and marketing concepts in hospitality organizations
- Prepare, maintain, analyze, and utilize financial documents and data related to hospitality organizations
- Create a business plan for a food service outlet or hospitality company
Tuition & Fees (60 credits)
Domestic Students: $25,500 CAD
International Students: $33,000 CAD
The program prepares you to seek various entry-level employment opportunities upon graduation in the field of culinary arts. Graduates are ready to enter the restaurant business in higher-level positions of management. Some of the positions include:
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Hotel Manager
- Front desk executive
To make it in the restaurant business, you must love to work with a smile on your face with a cheerful attitude. If you think this interests you, this is the perfect course for you!