Computer Systems Technology Diploma at VCC
Vancouver Community College (VCC) is one of the largest government-accredited colleges in British Columbia and takes pride in providing high-quality programs to international, as well as Canadian students for over five decades. It is a post-secondary institution and has two campuses in the heart of central Vancouver, one on Broadway and the other Downtown. The faculty of the College is highly experienced, and the staff is very supportive. They prepare their students to be industry trained and ready for a job upon graduation.
The College offers several programs available to Canadian as well as international students. The class sizes are also small, giving the students the perfect opportunity to interact well with their instructors and ask questions and doubts.
VCC has a range of courses for the students right from hospitality to Computer Science, Culinary to Business Management, and many more giving the students a wide range of career options and programs to choose from.
Post Graduate Diploma at VCC
VCC offers Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, Business and Project Management, Computer Systems Technology, and Network Technology & Security. Let’s discuss all Computer Systems Technology in detail.
Why Choose Computer Systems Technology Diploma at VCC?
This diploma is a two-and-a-half-year program (18-30 months) and makes the students ready to enter the fast-paced and dynamic technical world. Students will be able to build skills in programming, design, mobile apps, and security while launching their careers developing software and solving computer-related issues for various businesses and institutions.
The fundamental and the core courses comprise the first year. In the second year, students can take advanced software development, web, mobile, and Windows PC specialized courses. In the last term, students make a Portfolio/Capstone project as a team.
Some of the subjects covered in the course are:
- Introduction to Programming
- Website Development
- Computer Systems Administration
- Database Management Systems
- Programming in C++
- Windows Programming
- User Interface Design
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Security
- IT Development Project
- iOS Mobile Application Programming
What are the Admission Requirements?
The requirements to get yourself enrolled in this course are as follows:
SPECIFIC TO THE PROGRAM
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- English proficiency. TOEFL and IELTS are both accepted.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 80 (students must have scored a minimum of 20 in each section)
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5. (Must have scored a minimum of 6.0 in every band)
Click here, to know more about English Language Requirements.
What will the students learn?
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Design, analyze, and develop complex software application systems for PC, Web, and Mobile devices
- Develop and design interactive web pages
- Develop mobile apps with multimedia components
- Install and configure basic computer hardware and software
- Collaborate efficiently with a team working with popular project development tools
- Work for all sizes of teams
- Learn new tools and technologies
Good to have skills for the course
- Passion for coding
- Logical and critical thinker/problem solver
- Able to work long hours on computers
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active self-starter
- Basic understanding of computers and comfortable using mobile devices
- Good in Math
Tuition and Fees
At VCC, the base tuition fee for international students is about $15,838CAD. However, that’s not where the payment ends. There will be other expenses such as medical and dental insurance, campus fees, textbooks, and materials. All in all, your total will look closer to $18,458CAD.
Source: Vancouver Community College Study Computer Systems Technology Diploma at VCC