Located in the heart of the city, for over 5 decades, Vancouver Community College (VCC) takes pride in providing high-quality programs to international and Canadian students. It offers one of the best academic and cultural environments for the students and gives them relevant training to enter the real business world. It has two campuses, one being on Broadway, and the other in Downtown Vancouver. The expertise of the faculty and the supportive staff work hard in preparing their students trained enough to be ready for a job upon graduation.
VCC has a wide range of courses for the students such as Accounting, Business, Management, Arts, Science, Technology, Healthcare, and many more. Business and Project Management is one of the most popular courses for international students.
What is Project Management?
Project Management is always a one-time project, which helps plan and organize a company’s resources to accomplish a specific task, event, or duty. The resources may include technology, personnel, finances, and many others. It involves planning and executing the correct strategies to achieve a particular objective.
Study Business and Project Management in VCC
This course is designed in such a way that the students can learn top business strategies and processes for planning, executing, analyzing, and monitoring projects in a real-world business environment. The course makes the students understand the difference between Agile and Waterfall project management. All the courses focus on the goal of getting certified as a Project Management Professional and other designations related to it.
Course Credential: Post-Degree Diploma
Duration: 2 years
Couse delivery: Class-based
Please note that this is a full-time course.
Why Choose Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Project Management?
The two-year program makes the students ready to enter the fast-paced and dynamic business world and teaches them how to apply, execute and monitor strategies in various projects. Students will also be equipped with the desired skills to optimize the project outcomes.
Some of the subjects covered in the course are:
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Business Communication
- Project Stakeholder and Communications Management
- Business Management Essentials
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
- Project Management Technology
- Applied Quantitative Skills
- Project Schedule and Cost Management
- Introduction to Economics (which will include learning about the Canadian economy as well)
What to expect?
The course is divided into four terms. The focus will be made on making the students engaged and collaborate with other students so that they can learn teamwork as this quality is highly desirable for project management team member roles. Classes may be scheduled on weekends as well. Various instructional strategies, resources, and educational activities including lectures, case studies, and presentations will be used to impart knowledge of the curriculum to the students. The classes are made as interactive as possible.
What you’ll learn?
Once graduated, students of the Business and Project Management Post-Degree Diploma will be able to:
- Adapt project management approaches to meet organizational needs
- Manage business risk
- Plan, execute and monitor strategies and closing projects
- Work as a project team member
- Be a problem solver
- Make project plans
- Manage stakeholders’ needs throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement communication plans
- Think critically to make management decisions and be able to provide recommendations
Apart from this, this course will also teach the students how to demonstrate ethical and professional behaviours as a project team members.
What are the Admission Requirements?
The requirements to get yourself enrolled in this course are as follows:
SPECIFIC TO THE PROGRAM
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- English Language proficiency by showing TOEFL and IELTS scores.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 84 (students must have scored a minimum of 21 in each section reading, listening, writing, and speaking)
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5. (Must have scored a minimum of 6.0 in every band)
The exam given within the last 24 months only, will be accepted.
- The minimum age of the international applicants must be 17 or older or they must be a graduate of a secondary school. However, some exceptions may apply, depending on case to case.
- Applicants must be able to provide all the educational documents and official transcripts as per the requirement.
- In VCC, English requirements may differ by program.
Click here to learn more about the VCC International English Language Requirements
Tuition and Fees
At VCC, the base tuition fee for international students is about $37,149CAD. However, that’s not where the payment ends. There will be other expenses like medical and dental insurance, campus fees, textbooks, and materials. All in all, your total will look closer to $39,391CAD.
Click here, to apply for this course.
After completing this course, students can get entry-level jobs as Project Managers. Entry-level jobs help the students in gaining experience. Other designations in project management include:
- Assistant Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Scheduler
- Project Team Lead
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Resource Manager
Students who wish to enroll in this course are expected to be well disciplined and passionate about learning the latest business trends. Good analytical and critical thinking skills are an asset. If you think you possess all these skills and want to learn business and project management, then this course is the one for you.
Source: Vancouver Community College Study Business Management in Vancouver Community College Average Salary of Business management professionals Provincial Hourly Rate of occupations in Business Management