Vancouver Community College (VCC) is one of the largest government-accredited colleges in British Columbia and takes pride in providing high-quality programs to international as well as Canadian students for over five decades. It is a post-secondary institution and has two campuses in the heart of central Vancouver, one being on Broadway and the other Downtown. The faculty of the College is highly experienced, and the staff is very supportive. They leave no stone unturned in preparing their students to be industry trained and ready for a job upon graduation.
They have several programs available to Canadian as well as international students. The class sizes are very small, which gives the students the perfect opportunity to interact well with their instructors and ask questions and doubts they may have.
VCC has a range of courses for the students right from hospitality to Computer Science, Culinary to Business Management, and many more giving the students a wide range of career options and programs to choose from.
Post Graduate Diploma at VCC
VCC offers Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, Business and Project Management, and Network Technology & Security. Let’s discuss all these courses in detail.
Why Choose Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
This diploma is a two-year program and makes the students ready to enter the fast-paced and dynamic business world. Students will also be equipped with the desired skills to gain a solid understanding to work in the areas like finance, management, and administration in the business.
Some of the subjects covered in the course are:
- Business Mathematics
- Principles of Management/Marketing
- Financial Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Information Technology Management
- Financial Management
- Fundamentals of Business Law
- Human Resource Management
- Business Sustainability and Ethics
Students who wish to enroll in this course are expected to have a solid foundation in Math and English. They must be well-disciplined and passionate about learning the latest business trends. Good analytical and critical thinking skills are an asset. Having some experience in word processing and using spreadsheets is also an added advantage. If you think you possess all these skills and want to learn business, then this course is the one for you.
What to expect?
The course is divided into four terms where-in the fourth term will comprise of Workplace practicum Various instructional strategies, resources, and educational activities including lectures, case studies, and presentations will be used to impart knowledge of the curriculum to the students. Also, at times there will be guest speakers and guest lectures as well. A strong emphasis will be laid on using recent case studies from domestic and international businesses so that the students can learn from real-life examples and can be aware of the latest trends followed in the world of business.
What you’ll learn?
Once graduated, students of the Business Management Post-Degree Diploma will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a professional environment
- Understand business ethics
- Be a problem solver and know about managing projects
- Be able to apply core skills and leadership competencies in the business sector
- Interpret and analyze financial implications that influence important decisions in favor of the business
- Apply current trends and principles of operations management
- Think critically to make management decisions and be able to provide recommendations
Apart from this, this course will also teach the students how to manage basic human relations issues in a business setting.
What are the Admission Requirements?
The requirements to get yourself enrolled in this course are as follows:
SPECIFIC TO THE PROGRAM
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- English proficiency. TOEFL and IELTS both are accepted.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 84 (students must have scored a minimum of 21 in each section)
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5. (Must have scored a minimum of 6.0 in every band)
- The minimum age of the international applicants must be 17 or older, or they must be a graduate of a secondary school. However, some exceptions may apply, depending on case to case.
- Applicants must be able to provide all the educational documents and transcripts as per the requirement.
- In VCC, English requirements may differ by program.
Click here to learn more about the VCC International English Language Requirements
Practicum in the last 14 weeks of this course
During the final 14 weeks of the program, students will be placed in a practicum so that they get hands-on experience and can apply their academic knowledge in a real business setting. Practicum will be with a local business. This part is crucial for the students as it also bridges the gap between the classroom and the job environment that students will soon enter. This also helps the students in getting ready for the job market and have a competitive edge.
Tuition and Fees
At VCC, the base tuition fee for international students is about $37,149CAD. However, that’s not where the payment ends. There will be other expenses such as medical and dental insurance, campus fees, textbooks, and materials. All in all, your total will look closer to $39,391CAD.
Click here, to apply for this course.
After Studying: Business Management
Overall, business managers are needed all over Canada. Professional occupations in business management consulting typically have a $75,000 annual salary. Hourly wages are on average $23.00 an hour and can go as high as $57.00 an hour. The demand for business managers always shows an upward trend.
WorkBC estimates that there’ll be nearly 5000 openings in the next few years in British Columbia.
Source: Vancouver Community College Study Business Management in Vancouver Community College Average Salary of Business management professionals Provincial Hourly Rate of occupations in Business Management